Monday, March 30, 2009

Great Artfire Shops


I saw these great recycled glasses and just had to feature this Artfire shop. There are only a few listings right now, but I'm sure this artisan would love to make more when the orders start rolling in! In the artist's own words:

I make these glasses by collecting orphaned bottles behind local bars and restaurants in my hometown. I wash and sterilize them, then remove the label. Next I use my glassblowing experience to cut the bottles in half and fire polish the rims so they are completely smooth. The result is Rewined Recycled Glassware:completely utilitarian glassware made from Nothing New! No Virgin Raw materials are required and good bottles are saved from the landfill. Let's save some more! Adopt a set of glasses today!
I ship my glasses in reclaimed boxes from local businesses, recycled shredded newsprint, and recycled gift boxes (70%PCW).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin