Saturday, September 11, 2010

What can I say?

So I tried out a new Arts and Crafts venue today and I can officially stated that I will likely never return to this location. The Cypress, Texas Shop til you Drop show. It sounded like a great show, large venue, well established over many years, they 'say' well advertised and while not cheap it was within my fee budget.

I suspected within the first hour that it would be a poor venue for me when I saw the lady behind me setting up small pump hand soap dispensers that were decorated with machine cut decals and selling for $7-10. OK. So it took 3 hours!!!! for me to make my first sale (which was $5, wow) meanwhile I hear these same customers exclaiming to the soap lady "Oh, how adorable! I've never seen anything like this!" And they bought and bought! OMFG! I made 50% of my fee back and was ignored by at least 1/3 of the people I said hello to.

Decalled store made soap dispensers, seriously? At least she could have done was hand paint the designs then maybe I'd call her crafty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin