Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hormones

So, I survived yesterday, lol! My doc agrees that I stop Femcon immediately; like that's a hardship! The cramps stopped yesterday afternoon but the bleeding continued like I was bleeding out. Ultra tampons weren't enough and I still couldn't sleep because I was in the bathroom every hour. My awesome husband came home early from work and made me a wonderful dinner of top quality t bone (for the iron, hehe) and veggies and a pint of Hagen Daz Fleur de Sel Caramel. Which is, btw, a flavor only second to Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. If you love caramel then you have to try this flavor, it is beyond words. They use sea salt to accent caramel in vanilla ice cream. I'm not a big salt lover but this....stunning...flavor will send you over the moon.


I was finally able to sleep 12 hours, although I was up every couple to change tampons. I woke this morning about 10 am to find that I had flooded the bed, yuck! And the cramps started again, but not quite as bad. So here I am stuck at home on semi bed rest while my insane periods rules my life. At least I'm more rested and the pain is at a reasonable level. And Thank God I have a great doctor. We have a great respect for each other both personally and professionally and after one phone call she called in a new prescription for me. If this bleeding doesn't back off I'm not going to be able to work tomorrow. There's no way I can work on the ambulance when I'm living in the bathroom! LOL!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and support. I never thought I'd be a blogger but this has become somewhat addictive and a wonderful outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin