Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My hormones are totally out of whack!

Just got off duty this morning and while the day wasn't too bad we were up all night. I really mean allllllll night! That's the usual bad enough but to top off a really great shift my period had started the day before and my "heavy day" (you know what I mean girls) just about did me in.

Before I my husband and I had 5 miscarriages in 06 and 07 my periods were light and cramps practically non existent. No longer! Even on the pill my period started a week early and the bleeding was so heavy that I'm going through a Playtex Ultra (that's right - ULTRA 15 + GRAMS!) every 1-2 hours. Holy Crap! Plus seriously bad cramps started at 7am for the last hour of my shift and I wasn't entirely sure I was going to being to finish the last hour.

I have a fairly high tolerance to pain but these cramps were the worst I've ever experienced; worse than any of my miscarriages! Between the pain and the no sleep it was all I could do to drive home without crying myself into a car wreck.

Fortunately, I'm obviously now home safely, on pain meds and resting with every intention of sleeping in the very near future.

2 comments:

  1. I would be at the doctor telling him to fix that now! It sounds miserable. I get that part removed like six months ago and I am super pleased. If you still want and need the part you need to find a good doctor to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness that sounds terrible. I hope you're feeling better!

    Jess (C Line Creations)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin