Friday, September 11, 2009

Family - Can't live with them...

I'm sorry I haven't posted lately but it's been an usually emotionally stressful week. Last Friday my brother wanted to meet with our parents and I. There is a long history of broken promises, verbal abuse and manipulation from my brother towards all of us for most of the last 20 years. The last few years he has been working his way back into the family trust and even I, the most suspicious, had reached point earlier this year that I thought he had been really making progress. I was wrong. I was so wrong that I began to not take his phone calls because I couldn't deal with the emotional stress during my medical recovery as well this summer.

That's what this meeting was about, his attempt at damage control. He attempted to manipulate me with a greater amount of covert force then I'd ever seen before from him. A multi-layered verbal attack with a phrase of "You didn't fail me." while using a forgiving voice to imply that I did fail him and fake to to imply that he forgave me anyway. Never mind that the conversation had been about him. He had attempted to twist to around to me.

I immediately jumped to my feet and yelled at him that it wasn't about me it was about him failing himself and him failing his kids. More happened after wards but the upshot is that in all the years that I've been screwed over by my brother this is the worst I've ever seen him. I've been dealing with the physical and emotional stress results all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin